Google Latitude — more then 9 million people activity using the service from smart-phones. The service giving real-time location or information about your friends location world wide. Google Latitude it’s connecting your friend, family, colleague and both can see each others location in real-time and it measure, show how far away your friends from you . It has web based version (the location can be drag and drop manually), using mobile application, it automatically track location of yours. With full privacy control, you can share your real-time location.
Official says — Latitude’s focus has always been on one goal: make it simple to stay in touch with friends and family by sharing where you are with each other. Simple setup. Simple sharing without fumbling for your phone. Now, you can use Latitude on your iPhone just like the more than 9 million people actively using it from Android, BlackBerry, Symbian, and Windows Mobile smartphones. Use the app to:
- See where your friends are
- Share your location continuously with whomever you choose
- Contact friends by phone, text message, or email
- Control your location and privacy
- Gmail account is required to register and that’s for free.
- Web based access and mobile application available to access on Latitude.
- It’s supporting Android, BlackBerry, Symbian, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPad 3G.
- Real-time location update and measure how far way with the time duration
- It’s showing photos of your friends, instantly both can see their movements and status where checked in or out.
- It has Gtalk status updating commands, including widgets “Google Public Location Badge”, user can include to website to blog site.
- It’s giving alerts/notification about your nearest friends location (beta).
- Its storing your past location, frequent visited location, user can manage using Google Maps.
- Full privacy control about visibility.
- Official Google Latitude site
- Introducing the Google Latitude app for iPhone
- Where Is Google Hiding Those 9 Million Active Latitude Users?